Background

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finally did it

While knowing on the one hand that my child is, indeed, disabled, it's difficult to admit; sometimes even to myself.  We have forever talked about getting a handicap window tag, and we could have really used it a few times.  Several months ago we started seriously looking into it. It took a good chunk of the day but on Monday I finally got it done.  I don't know about other states but in Florida all that you need is a state ID & a form from your doctor.  (Thanks, Courtney A!  I would not have known that if not for you!)   There have been so many times at school where we had to park far away; by the time we get to the office she's exhausted.  Or a trip to the grocery store on a hard day.  I usually end up carrying her through the parking lot.  There are just some days that is not easy.  Besides, we may need her ID at the airport.
We're back to puffy knees and hands now since stopping the Methotrexate.  She hasn't complained, but that's nothing unusual.  She was really whiny yesterday & I thought that maybe she was feeling badly, but it may have just been that she got up too early.  She's pretty happy today :)  And that is about all there is to note right now.  I'll probably update just before we leave on Thursday, if not sooner.  I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. You are so very welcome!! I want to get one as a just in case kinda thing but Jackson doesn't have a FL id yet.

    Boo about the puffiness!

    ReplyDelete