Background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A low ANC is a great way to scare your medical staff

The rheumy's office called me several times on Monday and again today due to her white cell counts.  They should be between 4.27-11.40.  I'm not 100% sure exactly what hers are, but the camp nurse said it's around 2.  She's not sick, she's having a great time from what I've been told.  They were supposed to get back to me on what was happening with her treatment plan this week but I still know nothing.  I know that the camp nurse said she still hadn't sent an email that she was trying to send since 8 A.M., & this could wait so I don't fault her.  I just hope that I know something of what to do before she gets home.  Now I'm not sure if I will need to hold her Methotrexate on Monday or not.  I'd rather not.  I realize that having such a low immune system isn't that great, but I truly believe that it's the injectable MTX that's turn her fingers back to almost fingers instead of little fat sausages.  Not to mention that she finally has a bit of fatty tissue on her arms again.  That makes it so much easier to inject her.

Oh, & I got our conference registration confirmation & our room confirmation!  I'm so excited!!!!!  This is like a dream come true for me.  I have spent so many hours researching arthritis, scleroderma, Raynaud's, related matters, & also reading boards, trying to help others.  And they make it fun & educational for the kids.  Who could ask for more?  Not me.  Just over a month to go... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment