Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Rheumy visit & overnight stay
Well, I feel as though we’re on the right path. Today we set out early to bring Zachary to school and head to the hospital for Emily’s infusions and doctor appointment. On our way up the ENT’s called twice to see how Em was doing from yesterday’s procedure. I asked them to please send copies of everything up here. Last I knew, that hadn’t happened yet, but I have them working on it here now, too.
I was really hoping that we would see the main doctor today. I thought it was time to get the many years of experience in to see her. I was so happy that Dr. E was here today! She seems so much more relaxed since the new doc was added to her practice. We went through the whole story again, discussing cultures and the new jaw pain. As the ENT said that he didn’t think it was from his side, our rheumy thinks that it is. She played with the jaw a bit and she doesn’t feel any problems with the joints in her jaw. But she didn’t like the whole “wait to see if there’s an infection” idea, either. While we’re here, she figured that she would prescribe ROCEPHIN just to be on the safe side. If the ENT’s had faxed over the sensitivities from last culture we would have a better idea, but it is what it is. I have to try to remember that these “extra” doctors don’t care the same way, or realize how huge a deal Emily’s conditions and immune suppression are. I’m happy to have her on an antibiotic. While I realize that she can’t stay on one forever, I truly believe that she needs one now.