Background

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Real quick (good news) update/ Prayer requests

Ok, I know I said it before, but I have to say it again:  Either the Prednisone decrease is working miracles or the Procardia for the Raynaud's / high blood pressure is.  I don't really care which it is;  it's just good!!!  Last night Em was doing a funky dance for a good 3 minutes, laughing the whole time!  Today she was bugging her brother- hugging him and acting like she used to with him.  He has always been her world, her rock.  Since October she has just been ambivalent.  Until today  :)   She did some beading, too.  She's made quite a few pieces, actually.  That is something that she always said that she couldn't do because it hurt her hands.  That was pretty exciting!

Also, she had physical therapy today & yesterday.  I was at work for both sessions, but Kevin told me that she was jumping for jump rope, doing hopscotch, and actively participating both days!!!  The last couple of months it was hard to get her to do anything other than swing.  And the steroid rash that she had is lightening up, she's not as blotchy, and her Dermatomyositis rash has gone from red to a brown- definitely fading!  :)  I'm hoping hard that maybe we'll be given a decrease to weaning schedule when we go back to her doctor on January 5th! 

I have 2 prayer requests for any that wouldn't mind.  The first is for a lady on my Juvenile Myositis boards.   My heart breaks for her!  "Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. As Aidan approaches his one year diagnosis anniversary this January 1, his father, my husband Tony has taken a turn for the worse with his Melanoma (cancer). Hospice has been called and will be coming in to help alleviate some of the stress. Tony's days are numbered and we certainly could use some extra prayers during this time. We, the McDaniel Family, have had one heck of a year. Thanks so much and a blessed New Year to everyone! Karianne"

Next, I found a request for a child that is a relative of someone else on my myositis boards.  I cannot imagine this being wrong with my child, either.  They write: " 
This is me asking all of my friends and family to pray for my great nephew Dalton. He is a small child that has already undergone a kidney transplant. The following is a status update on his health posted by his mother a few minutes ago. PLEASE PRAY!!!

Dalton's kidney biopsy showed that he was having cellular acute rejection which is usually reversible. However, after several days of treatment his kidney function continues to worsen. I just found out that he also has antibody mediated rej...ection, which usually causes graft loss. This means that his body is making specific antibodies against his transplanted kidney. In an attempt to remove these antibodies from the kidney he needs to have plasmapheresis. Please please please pray for a miracle for Dalton!!! I will give an update as soon as I know more."  If ya'll could take just a minute or two out of your busy days to please help these families, I'm sure they would appreciate it.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to read Emily is laughing, playing with her siblings and being a kid again! YEA!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!

    I did pray for these two families. When we think our plates are full- then you look around and know just how lucky we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know, Heidi! I was led to pray for a bunch of children, most of which are suffering from brain tumors. It really helps to put things into perspective! That's why I'm almost always in a good mood. I may get frazzled, but I always KNOW that it could be worse, and count my blessings. Thank you for praying for them. I'm sure our prayers will mean the world to them.

    ReplyDelete