Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Forgot one thing... (And some new news!)

Though the week had been wonderful, our only sour note came on Thursday or Friday night.  Emily told me that she saw two littler boys at school pointing and laughing at her.  She ran up and yelled at them.  :)  I'm so proud of her for that.  She told me that she yelled something to the effect of "It's not funny!  Do you think I want to be like this, on all of these medications and in pain all of the time?"  She thinks they were kindergarteners.  Poor kids didn't know who they were messing with ;)  I feel so sad that she has to go through this, but I'm so proud that she's finally standing up for herself.  I cannot wait until she has burned off the Prednisone weight, at least to a point where she can be comfortable & have a sense of balance again.  

Also, Kevin's doctors FINALLY called back today.  To sum this up, he had tried calling them to find out the results from the cancer scan after the radiation.  They returned his call on Friday- only to tell him to schedule his follow-up appointment for May.  He yelled at the lady, asking her if he had any other cancer in his body, but she didn't have any idea about his testing or his conditions.  She claimed that she would have the doctor call right back.  Yeah, sure.  So, finally today (Monday) her Physician Assistant called to tell Kevin that he is cancer free!  Praise the Lord!  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Lord knows that we have needed them.  I'm hoping that maybe we will have a fantastic rest of the year.  I'll take boring, too!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you finally got good news on Kevin! And I hate how harsh kids can be but I am VERY proud of Emily! She is so incredible!

    ReplyDelete