Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

OT Misc rambles

I meant to post last week.  Due to Kevin's video card dumping on him, there are now 3 other people sharing my computer.  Considering that we have more often than not had 3 computers running at a time, this is a huge inconvenience for us all.  Needless to say, my time on my computer has been limited!  Thankfully, his new card should be here by Thursday.  I wish his pc had waited a week or two to toast.  I wish that I could say that his medicine would work immediately and he would have instant relief, but that is far from the case.  He's still feeling just bad.  He is tired 24/7, and he still feels swollen and cold.  A perfect time to just sit at the computer and mindlessly click things to help take your mind off of it.  Hopefully soon...  At least he isn't a danger to the household anymore  :)  One thing that is interesting while watching all of the horror that Japan is going through:  he's been watching how they are scanning the thyroids of people suspected of radiation poisoning.  We have learned more about that this week.

I want to extend my deepest condolences to the people of Japan.  This is been hard on us.  My friend Chris (Hirohide) and his children live in Aomori.  Gir & I spent a panicked first day looking for info on their prefecture.   Once their power came back on, Fiona emailed Gir and let her know that their family is just fine!  They had a crack form in a wall and the power was off for almost the whole first day, but otherwise they are ok.  Shaken, but well.  I am so happy that Gir & Nona keep in touch.  They were best friends until Nona moved there, and now they stay pen pals.  I'm so glad.  I know that they got very lucky in their area, but obviously many were not so lucky.  It is so sad watching the destruction on the news.  It's unreal, like a movie.  Please keep these people in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment